<CORSA Chapters> Membership renewals/ Poll

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Tue Jan 8 22:46:04 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 3:20 PM, aeroned at aol.com wrote:

> In 1997 we changed our policy to be that after a member has belonged to
> our club for 1 year, they must join CORSA.
>
> This is a very interesting policy. I'd like to bring something like
> that up at our club.
> How do you "enforce" that?
> Do you just trust the members?
> Do you require that they produce their CORSA membership card (where is
> mine?)?
> Do you get a list of CORSA members from Harry and cross check your
> roster?

With the new set up that Harry has put into place, this is easily
enforced. As I understand it, one person in each chapter has access to
the CORSA members site at: http://members.corvair.org/ You have to have
Harry set you up as the one in your chapter who can access this. Once
you get your user name and password, you can do all of your membership
housekeeping on the web site.

No more paper chapter report, which was such a pain. The CORSA records
never matched ours. I can set up our chapter officers, newsletter name,
etc. Then, I go into the member's list and set that up. If we get a new
member, I can go directly into the complete CORSA membership database
and see if that person is in there. There are thousands of people
there. I think it must have all of the people who ever belonged to
CORSA, or at least for the past several years.

If the new member is not in there, I can enter the information and he
is on our list and in the CORSA database. If a member drops out of our
club, I just delete him from our membership list. He'll stay in the
CORSA database, whether or not he is a CORSA member. If he rejoins our
club, I just check a box and he's back on our roster.

If the person is a CORSA member, I can't change his information, such
as his address, etc. If he's not, I can. I can print our our complete
membership list and it'll show their CORSA membership information.

Now, regarding how can we enforce the membership policy, I can see who
in our chapter belongs to CORSA and their expiration date. Simple, no
emailing back and forth to Harry, etc.

Don't the rest of you have this setup?

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug