<CORSA Chapters> Membership renewals/ Poll

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 8 22:29:04 EST 2008

Hello all:  I have already answered the poll about payment but the subject
has also swung around to membership in CORSA.  Here is what RMC
(Rocky Mountain Corsa in Denver) did years ago.  In the beginning of the
flap over insurance coverage, RMC put it into the by-laws that all local
members also were required to join CORSA, no exceptions.  This was
because at the time K&K (I think) was asking for that rule.  I really
don't recall what the choices of all clubs were, only our own.  Then the
insurance carrier was changed and the requirement was dropped and many
clubs also dropped that requirement.  Then the 'chapter' policy came around
and the published percentage of local vs national was published each year.

I also recall there were many questions and suggestions about associate
members and the like, trying to find a way to circumvent the mandatory
ruling
back then.  At that time it was pretty well 'in stone' that it was
mandatory.  In
my old club newsletters there are many references at that time to the
situation
between CORSA and local club policy.

That is why RMC is at least supposed to be a 100% club.  It can really be a
problem trying to get folks to pony up more money, especially those who
aren't
active members but just want to receive the newsletter and maybe attend an
event a year etc.  I have no answers either.

Best to all, Steve