<CORSA Chapters> Membership renewals/ Poll

jherkenramp at juno.com jherkenramp at juno.com
Tue Jan 1 23:09:26 EST 2008

Corvair Minnesota does renewal in January (we have an Annual Holiday/ Dues party in lieu of our December general membership meeting.  We do pro-rate membership after July.
We do not require membership in CORSA, but we do try to encourage membership.  We currently have membership of approximately 100.
John Herkenratt
Corvair Minnesota

Tue,  1 Jan 2008 17:38:28 -0800 (PST)

I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly,  that most chapters renew memberships on
the first of the year.   Think Chicago does 1 year from joining;  noted one
or two other chapters that do the same  Detroit, i think is one.   Most of
us are trying to get everyone to renew right now,  I know PCCA is.

Chapter Qs

Do you renew members first of the year ?  or 1 year after joining?
Are there specific advantages to one method or the other?   or just hard to
change once started?

Does anyone ask if membership is desired in the National club (CORSA)?   I
know some require it
Is it part of the membership application for the local ?

I know it is not on PCCA's application,  although the CORSA incentive is
printed above the application months.   I think I will change the PCCA
application to include the possiblity to select joining CORSA at the same
time.  (I will need to clear that with the PCCA board)

PCCA responses
Jan 1st renewal date for everyone
Think it is done for ease of administration.  small chapter at 45
memberships
Do not currently ask if they want to join CORSA.

thanks
tim mahler
editor PCCA's FlatSix