<CORSA Chapters> Sharing - A fun Ladies activity for those interested

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Sun Jan 20 16:51:14 EST 2008

For those chapters looking for something to interest the ladies in the club,
Ruth Boxdorfer came orchestrated a Ladies swap meet.   I suppose this is
akin to a white elephant auction -- except it was geared specifically to
knic-knacs that decorate many households.

>From the Prairie Capital Corvair assn Newsletter
"Sorry guys! The Corvair ladies have decided to add another event for
themselves. This event will have the same rules as our Plant exchange. It
will be held during a "Tech" session meeting, which should be in January.
So, ladies, bring an item (or items) that you may have collected or received
over the years but now have set it aside or replaced it with something that
interests you more. Ladies, you know what I mean.. Something you have put in
the closet or in the back of your dresser drawer, thinking that some day you
might just drag it back out, but haven't. Bring it to the "Ladies' Swap
Meet" and maybe it will be something another lady has been wanting or
collecting. "ANYTHING", we ladies like."

The rules for the exchange as supplied to me by Ruth
"I picked the first name & that person picked out what they wanted & then
they drew out the next name.  We did this 3 times, then each person got to
pick 2 items next 3 rounds. Then anyone that didn't bring things to exchange
could give the club a dollar & then they could put their name in the pot.
Gloria said "I'll give $2.00 to the club to not put my name in the pot".  So
this is how the club got their $2.00 donation.  There were a few things left
over and I asked if anyone wanted their items back & all said no.  I then
asked if anyone had any ideas as to what we could do with the items & Bernie
said her church was going to have a sale, so she took & donated them to the
church.  "

After the swap meet Ruth reported
"My "Thanks" to all the ladies that participated in the Swap-Meet. Each and
every one helped to make it a great success. I also think that all had a
"fun" time doing this (considering all the laughter that went on). I also
want to "Thank" Gloria for the contribution that she made to the PCCA on
behalf of the Swap-Meet. Thanks, everyone. Ruth"

As one of the gentlemen gathered around the tech session,   I will attest
the ladies were having a great time.  So much so,  the guys kept poking
their noses over to see what all the laughter was about.   there were 11
ladies involved in the exchange  just under half the total attendance at the
meeting.

tim mahler
editor PCCA