<CORSA Chapters> Membership, dues and such

Robert Marlow - Vairtec Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Mar 13 22:53:19 EDT 2008

tim mahler wrote:

>The easy one,  some CORSA members are a long way from a local chapter, so it
>is hard to require local membership.

I now reply:

While I am not necessarily advocating that we make the switch to
mandating CORSA membership for all chapter members, if we were to do
such a thing I think it makes sense to require the reciprocal, too --
that all CORSA members belong to a chapter.

In the case where the CORSA member lives a loong way from the nearest
chapter -- and this can be hundreds of miles -- it still will prove
worthwhile to that individual.  Through the membership in the local
chapter, that individual will learn of other CORSA members in his
region, maybe in his area, maybe in his neighborhood.  He will learn
of club activities nearer to him than the nominal chapter
address.  Both the individual and the chapter will benefit.

But, as I said up front, I am not necessarily endorsing such a
change.  It would be a fundamental shift in the way that our hobby
has done business. Would the benefits outweigh the detriments?

--Bob

Robert W Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net