<CORSA Chapters> Membership, dues and such

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 14 00:20:37 EDT 2008

Hello all:  I have been one who wanted all CORSA members to be mandatory
members of a local club with the reservation that it is in the zipcode area.
As an example it would be tough to expect someone who lives in Scottsbluff,
Nebraska to be a mandatory member of Rocky Mountain Corsa in Denver, Colo.
On the other hand, there are CORSA members in the front range area who are
not RMC members.  Since the bottom line here is "money" it is advantageous
to RMC to be able to collect as well as CORSA.

I realize the word 'mandatory' is foul to some and I understand, owning my
own business makes me particulary subject to all kinds of mandatory rules
etc.  At the same time, the mandatory membership in CORSA was done a bunch
of years ago and after the same initial fight was accepted.  Then a change
in insurance carriers did away with it until now.  At least that is how my
memory serves me.

I also realize that a mandatory membership either way is certain to drive
some completely away from either CORSA or the local club and that isn't
acceptable either.  It is difficult to find middle ground and I personally
have no answer.  I keep thinking that someone out there will figure it out
but so far it hasn't happened.

Best regards, Steve