<CORSA Chapters> Brief Survey

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Tue Dec 8 18:40:09 EST 2009

1)  Yes,  (and with the proposed scheduled, I could also enter the concours)
2)    The competitive events at the Banquet is OK. The Car Display awards
handed out at the Car Display is great.  (btw, the rules states the car
display awards, even if held the same day as Concours, be handed out at the
CORSA annual mtg not the banquet)
3) I'll then be ready to head home.  OK with it.   Not much different then
the local events having a banquet on Saturday night then having a Rally the
next day, with awards after the Rally.  Besides, the rules state Car display
awards are handed out a different day then the others any how
4) I will attend the Car display and get a jump start on the trip home when
it is over. (won't stay friday)  reducing my Convention by a half day.

The PR from the Concours should see a lot more general public / may be even
press,  come Friday , the car display.  If really successful (IF)  then
trying a saturday Corvair show is the next logical choice.

I see it this way -- All the traditional Cole competitive events Concours,
Rally, Econo-run, Autocross are done.  Awards presented, Cole Award
presented, all the stress ful events are done.  Now it is time to have a
good old fashion FUN car show. Everyone can participate <Concours guys
already have they trophy so would be exempted from winning at the car
display, much like today "dual show">  Everyone gets to see all the cars and
FCs -- the judges, the concours workers, the vendors -- yep the vendors have
a relaxed day too to come over to the show and relax vs selling.  The host
chapter also has an easy day -- count some ballots,  put on some fun
events -- fan belt toss, monza jr race,  whatever else they can dream up.
Participants can sit aroung, look at cars, talk,  until noon or the end of
the car display.  Trophies presented on the field,  top 3 in each class --
21 trophies.   Those wanting to stay, may. those wanting to get a jump start
home, may.  Live a day and half away ?  get the half day in on Friday.  half
a day away, your home friday night.  -- if you leave at 3 pm,  you can get
5-7 hours driving in before the end of the day.

Not a big shortening of the convention,  but a start.
those are some of the thoughts behind the idea.

tim mahler