<CORSA Chapters> CNYCC VERSION OF DISPLAY

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Dec 18 14:29:16 EST 2009

this unit was put together from leftovers of my lakewood.  it draws a
large crowd whenever we can tow it to a show.  it was not that expensive to  do
, and used a 145 engine that was overheated anyhow. we did have the trailer
donated by a business owner / member who could write it off.
a couple tech sessions in my shop and viola!!   lots of fun for  lots of
people.  they now know where valve covers are hiding on  corvairs.
regards, tim colson.

:

Tim and  others:

May I had my two cents worth....?

I think CORSA needs to  better define and then enhance its "product".
Doing so will hopefully  retain and perhaps add members.

Most folks I know of who don't belong  to CORSA question what joining would
bring.  The Comminique is obviously  a very positive perk...but what other
tangible things are for them?  The  Insurance is intangible, particularly if
they don't participate.  For  some, even Tech topics are foreign to
them...others work on their  vehicles.

Tim Schwartz of NJACE, IMHO, made a good observation  recently.  When
Corvair folks gather, they gather with other Corvair  folks.  We need to promote
the Corvair and CORSA at more "public"  venues.  We need to show those
borderline people the advantages of  joining CORSA.

There are ideas however.

I've been discussing  with Pete Koehler and others about making the cutaway
drivetrain a trailered  portable display that could be rented by official
CORSA chapters to show at  events. (This is a spin off of an idea Pete put
forward a few yeears  ago).  A DVD player/display could show CORSA activities,
local club  activities, NECC activities, fund raisers (such as the food
bank type things  chapters are doing), etc..  CORSA would then add some
tangibles and get  the word out.  Like to race Corvairs? CORSA has it. Interested
in  automotive history or design?  CORSA has it.  Community service  events?
Yes, our chapters do that.  Technical assistance?   Yes.  Friendships?
Yes, definitely...both local and  international.

I think CORSA will be stronger if it focuses on adding  to the tangible
benefits of membership.

I don't think chapters should  be forced to join CORSA...they should go
willingly.  I do think CORSA  should leverage chapters who have low CORSA
membership by withholding some of  these perks (such as a roving display) or
making them available for a fee to  offset the cost.

Just some ideas.

Ken  Schifftner
Chapters  mailing  list
Chapters at corvair.org