<CORSA Chapters> CORSA - REVENUE PROPOSAL

Rod Murray rmurray at anaheimducks.com
Mon Dec 21 21:15:26 EST 2009

Hi Tim,

Getting back to you on our previous conversations and the recent chatter on the chapters & BoD e-lists re CORSA financing, membership issues, etc...I have 3 proposals to offer...Please note these ideas are all available NOW with minimal effort required to activate.  also, know in advance that I have done the research to back up each proposal below...

1)      ANNUAL NATIONAL CORVAIR EVENT...The potential revenue from this proposed annual CORSA-sponsored event can realistically generate $10 per participant for an easy-to-organize, fun-&-easy-to-participate-in, all-inclusive event executed within local chapters across the country.   Again, assuming just 2,500 of our 4,600 members participate in Year One, that's $25K directly into CORSA's 2010 budget - WITHOUT RAISING DUES!  May I suggest we make October 2nd an organized annual "NATIONAL DRIVE YOUR CORVAIR DAY".

2)      CORVAIR CHARITABLE DEDUCTIONS OPPORTUNITIES...This concept capitalizes on legitimate IRS charitable contribution tax deductions to underwrite some/most/all of the cost of CORSA/local chapter membership.  See attached 2009 IRS Tax Guidelines for Charitable Contributions and the accompanying spreadsheet that provides 2 typical Corvair event scenarios along with my assumptions (RPM) and those of 4 other Tax Experts whom I consulted.  Simply stated, all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses incurred thru participation in a 501c3 group-hosted event whose proceeds directly benefit that group ARE TAX DEDUCTABLE.  This concept is a fit for many, but not for all - particularly those who don't itemize their annual deductions.  As always, individuals should consult their preferred tax expert, and it remains up to the individual to a) apply these available deductions and/or b) to choose to join CORSA/local chapter.

3)      501c FUND-RAISING ONLINE SHOPPING OPPORTUNITY...A friend and business associate owns and operates an online shopping service called BERLZ.COM that directly supports non-profit organizations by providing 4% of all purchases directly back to the designated non-profit group.  He's familiar with CORSA and said we DO QUALIFY to participate in this program as an established 501c non-profit group.  We simply need to provide some kind of official statement confirming our 501c non-profit status.  Site is http://berlz.com/ - note that site is linked directly to Amazon.com for those familiar with this very popular online store.  Don't know how much money this can raise for us, but it's constant, residual, and extends participation opportunities well beyond CORSA members only.  It can easily become an ongoing, annual source of CORSA income.

As you know, I'm a proponent of an all-inclusive welcoming club environment and I prefer to take a proactive approach to problem solving vs alienating members and reducing member value...in each example above, we have strength in the size of our current 4,500-strong club to generate a healthy annual cash flow.

I hope these ideas will spark some conversation.  All thoughts, comments, and feedback welcome.

Best Regards,

Rod Murray
VP, PR, Web
Vintage Corsa