<CORSA Chapters> FW: Combining Chapter and National membership fees; shared databases

David McMillan dmac632000 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 11:45:48 EST 2009

I'm pretty sure Bay State Corvairs would have the same sentiment. One concern is the loss of control of "re-upping" of members (not that we're control freaks!) each year. We also have a large percentage of non-CORSA members (50%). We don't want to force them into joining CORSA as part of a Chapter pre-requisite, but we ARE increasing our efforts to convince them of the benefits of joining the national club. We've recently appointed one of our newer, younger members (Jason Cesana) as our CORSA rep who will actively work to increase our CORSA membership. He's really enthusiastic and energetic and I'm sure he'll do a great job. By the way, he's really pushing the raffle ticket sales for the 64 coupe being offered at the convention.
I've also been increasing the CORSA content in our chapter newlsetter, adding propaganda like CORSA ads such as "Top Ten Reasons to Join", the coupon to entice first-timers to join, and whatever else I can find. I feel we have a better chance at the grass routes level to get people in our region to join by pulling them in. My opinion is that forcing someone to join CORSA will not work to boost membership levels. You'll get the hard core group of individuals that are already involved and maybe a handful more...

Dave McMillan
Bay State Corvairs
Sec/Ed.