<CORSA Chapters> CORSA Motion

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Sat Feb 28 22:37:44 EST 2009

Well, this strikes me a wholly unnecessary.  Member benefits are
whatever CORSA deems the member benefits to be, and there is no need
to define a new class of membership.  Regular members can be granted
specific member benefits as a matter of policy.  No need to revise
the by-laws.  Paper Communique?  Electronic Communique?  Access to
member area on the web?  All perfectly do-able under the current by-laws.

 From what I can see, only a student membership won't fit under the
current by-laws, and are we really going to revise the by-laws to
get, maybe, three student members?

Non-Communique member?  Who the hell is that?

Further, this proposal may be unintentionally written to alter the
means by which policy is implemented.  It states, "specific details
of these membership classification(s) will be promulgated through the
development of specific CORSA policies respectively, which are then
approved by the majority of the Board of Directors."  This
contradicts the existing by-law provision for enacting policy, which
states that a "majority vote of the quorum is required to pass any resolution."

By laws should always be as general as possible.  Don't add
specifics.  Don't pass this motion.

--Bob