<CORSA Chapters> FW: vairs & vettes

Greg Scarboro scarboro at trgpsc.com
Mon Jul 27 11:31:01 EDT 2009

From: Greg Scarboro [mailto:scarboro at trgpsc.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:57 PM
To: 'Chapters at corvair.org'
Subject: vairs & vettes

DEAR CORSA CHAPTERS, I have 3 favors to ask your presidents. First, as
most of you know in honor of the 50thanniversary of the conception of
the Corvair the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY is
allowing a 6000 sq. ft. exhibit featuring the Corvair. This is the
first time that any other car besides the Corvette has been shown at
the museum. The show runs from October 2nd thru December. 31st 2009.
There is room for 12 cars of various years and examples to tell the
Corvair history. This is a great opportunity for CORSA to gain more
exposure. The staff at the museum has been wonderful to work with. I
would like to see every chapter president to take a few minutes
tonight to write the museum a letter telling them how excited,
thankful, etc the Corvair population around the world is for allowing
us this chance to recognize our special date. I think they will …..
their pants when they receive 120+ letters In the next week, not only
from the states but from around the world. This will go a long way in
strengthening our bond with them as well for future endeavors.  Send
the letters to The National Corvette Museum,  atten Roc Linkov/ Bob
Hellmann, 350 Corvette Drive, Bowling Green, KY, 42101

SECOND, It has been really tough trying to decide on the 12 cars for
the show. Not from lack of enthusiasm on the CORSA members part or
quality cars out there!!! It has been tough because of quantity
allowed. A dozen examples to tell the story, think about it, once you
get an early, late, open, closed, 4 door, Lakewood, Spyder, Corsa
turbo, Greenbrier, Rampside, Yenko Stinger, Fitch Sprint, not to
mention the specialty cars your 12 then some are taken. I am very
appreciative of the numerous volunteers that have come forward for
this project. It has been tough but also a lot of fun getting pictures
sent to me of all the great  cars.  I have most of the spots taken,
but I’m waiting on a couple of firm commitments by the end of this
weekend. I hope to have a list to Harry by the end of July so it can
be published in the September communiqué. What I do need is an EARLY 4
DOOR!!!!  So if you are a member has one that is in excellent shape
and is interested in showing it the entire time. (see attached
requirements) contact me soon please---Greg Scarboro 859-373-8591 OR
EMAIL scarboro at trgpsc.com

THIRD, I Hope to see a lot of clubs located close to Bowling Green use
this opportunity and caravan to the museum the first or second weekend
the exhibit opens and show their support. So if the presidents can get
a little blurb in their newsletter or go ahead and pencil this in for
a club outing in October it would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
  Greg Scarboro- Lexington, KY

Greg Scarboro
239 Southland Drive Suite-C