<CORSA Chapters> FW: Combining Chapter and National membershipfees; shar...

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Mar 1 12:13:16 EST 2009

A couple of comments from a technical perspective:

  - Although it would be easier if all chapters had the same dues,
there's certainly no reason it would have to be that way.  I would
guess that this would be another field the chapter would update - it
would be prudent to have a default value just in case someone tried
to join before the club had updated the field, but other than that I
see no "all chapters must have the same dues" requirement.
  - Same goes for renewal dates.  Easier if they are standard, but
not required.  My chapter went to January 1 renewals a long time ago
for ease of bookkeeping.
  - One suggestion - use Electronic Fund Transfers instead of
checks.  Valid point that mailing checks would be some additional
workload.  An EFT could be automated, perhaps on a quarterly basis.

--Bryan