<CORSA Chapters> [Corsabod] Fw: DMM

Bob Dunahugh yenko108 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 28 22:40:28 EDT 2009

To all in regard to DDM award:
Tim &Warren LeVeque ,you both stated the intentions of the DMM award very well.   I wanted to add that I talked to Donna Mae in 2004 about the award before it was given at our regional convention. The award was warmly received. She was so excited to be honored by Corvair family for her early contributions to the Yenko racing team.  She did race a PINK CORVAIR and there are pictures of her with it.  She felt the IS classes were the closest of  today cars to the cars  she raced back then.  She wanted the award to be given to more than just the top dog at the event.  The idea of having this become a national award was first presented at the performance workshop in 2007 and a petition  was started at that time.  I believe everyone involved signed the petition and no negative feedback was given.  It was also looked at by the Competition  chairperson  and his committee...and the 2008 performance workshop.   The idea of the award was first presented to the BOD  in Detroit.  This motion was supposed to have been presented and passed at Ventura but I was unable to get to the meeting because of vehicle breakdown.  It was discussed  favorably at Jacksonville and I was to get the final draft written for the motion and vote.  Do to the delays of polices and procedures the draft was delayed as all Corsa business has been.  This was an attempt to get  Corsa business going again and was unfortunately delayed long enough that Donna Mae died without knowing it had finally come to vote.  According to policies and procedures the motion was placed and last week was the time for discussion and any changes.   This week it was up for vote, but somehow the motion only was released with no background information to the general membership.   This is a Corsa BOD document and if we release everything to the general membership for voting then the BOD isn't needed.  In the computer world they say Garbage in Garbage out.  Feedback from the general membership is beneficial when it is properly presented and timely.
Bob