<CORSA Chapters> Jack Pinard

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Thu Jan 7 20:39:25 EST 2010

Number 1  - Harry and Mike had informed me of nothing.   All chapter rep have access to the chapter DB -- who is and who is not a CORSA member -- it is part of the online chapter reporting system -- but alas, Sarah does not use that system.

Number 2 - I was very reluntant to send the note. However, I had to my job, which was to abide by the by-laws.  A lapse in membership terminates a board member's term on the board.  The by-laws does not state 1 month or 3 weeks, just a lapse.

Number 3 - I can put Dec 15 2009 on my check even thought it is Jan 7, 2010.  The date doesn't mean anything except for how long the bank may honor an old check.<banks may or may not honor a check that is over 6 months old>

Number 4 - Jack was given 30 days to ask to be re-appointed. Jack chose not to say a word -- not even to protest.  Considering Jack protested EVERY thing else the board did, why did he not protest this action?  Silence does not mean yes, but it does tend to mean acceptance. Jack has been silent for over a month.

Number 5 - Jack objections were refluted repeeatedly as being unneccessary or simply wrong.  Not just by me, but many, a majorty, of the rest of the board.

Number 6 - I was not seeking to have Jack removed from the board. In fact, i argued that the by-laws did not allow it.  I was trying to get Jack to understand that I and the majority of the board felt the rules were being followed, and the by-laws and procedures were fine as they are. we even had outside opinions to that fact. But because Jack was not getting his way, he objected.

Finally -- If the board and the chapters wants me to step down. I will.  I have a paying job that i enjoy.  I do not need to be trashed for doing my duty -- and all while being a volunteer myself.  Life is too short.

tim mahler
current President, CORSA