<CORSA Chapters> Banquet alternative

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Mar 3 17:06:09 EST 2010

Does this sound more appealing to me than a conventional banquet?  Yes.

Have I been to an event where this was done?  Yes -- this is very
similar to what was done for the 50th Anniversary weekend in Cape May
last year.  Because Cape May has a wide selection of very good
restaurants, we broke following the car show and reconvened after dinner.

Did I like it?  Yes.

Have I set up something like this?  Yes -- I was one of the organizers
in Cape May.

How did it work out?  All the feedback I received was positive.

Any major pitfalls?  Well, we were not having an award presentation, we
were having a 1960 movie party, with the Best Picture winner of 1960,
plus popcorn, etc. If you are having a movie party, make sure you have a
DVD projector that does not conk out 80 percent of the way through the film!

In truth, I think our movie party was well-planned and well-promoted and
as a result it attracted a full house.  So it may be important that your
planned "cake and coffee" be sufficiently appealing to draw folks to it,
and then be sufficiently well-executed so that they go home happy.

--Bob Marlow