<CORSA Chapters> Banquet alternative

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Fri Mar 5 10:34:49 EST 2010

In one of the "all makes" car clubs I belong to.

Our Holiday party was at the finest hotels in the area.
>From 6 to 9:00 PM
first hour was an "open" bar, whatever we wanted.
Then one of the finest meals I ever had.

During the open bar period everyone ordered enough to tide them over as we had the room to midnight. After 9:00 PM, the club brought in additional snacks, and beverages, and it was part of the agreement.
We also got a significant room rate discount as everyone spent the night, and that included a full breakfast buffet in the morning.

I don't know how they negotiated things the way they did, but it proves a hotel will work with you if you are filling a room.

Gary Swiatowy