<CORSA Chapters> Re; NECC Corvair Olympix In June 2011 In Indiana

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Sun Mar 20 10:03:35 EDT 2011

Most every person who is involved with this event have been in Indiapolis
attending the Performanace Workshop.  The Olympix was one of the items
mentioned as occuring again this year.  The two main hosts are the NECC --
the Northeast Corvair Council and Circle City Corvairs of Indy.
The NECC has sponsored many, many Time trials plus other events and has held
the first "olympix" in Indy in 2005. NECC is a collectiong of CORSA Chapters
from the Northeast that has been, in general, a great asset to the Corvair
community.
Circle City Corvairs is the CORSA Chapter in Indy. Great club, great people.
They are the local eyes nad ears for the event.

What is the Olympix?  a series of (speed) competitions with Corvair show
tacked on for good measure.  The Details are available on the NECC web page
http://www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/page2.html

Day 1 (June 16) is the Time Trials at Putnam Park -- a fun road course that
is challenging and yet friendly to the begginer.  NECC format is 3 groups go
on course for practice laps around the track grouped by skill/performance
levels; followed by open track time, then finally timed laps that is your
"score" for the event.  Passing is limited to the straights -- drive as fast
or not so fast as you date.  NECC does offer a taste of the track (parade
laps) for those who just want to drive around at non "race" speeds to get a
feel for this type of stuff.  Cost -- Time trials $219,  taste of the track
is much much less (i could not find it, sorry)
Day 2 (June 17)  is a drag event -- practice time - run the strip as often
as time permits (that could be a LOT as the race prepped cars take limited
runs )  at Muncie Raceway.  Cost is $79
Day 3 (june 18) is the auto-x at Connersville. Will follow CORSA auto-x
rules.  Cost is $39.   The Corvair show has been done the same day an it
costs $10.

Packages (using the registration form in front of me)
Package 1 -- All three (moving) events - Time Trial, Drag and Autox - $307
Package 2 -- Two (moving) events - Time Trial and Drag races - $273
Package 3 -- Two (moving) events - Time Trial and Autox - $238
Package 4 -- Two (moving) events - Drag Races and Autox - $108

Host hotel is the Jameson Inn -- in the middle of the three events.  Room
rate is 69.99 (plus taxes)
Banquet where the John Fitch Award for best overall performance will be
given is a MCL resturant near (easy drive) from the host hotel.

tim mahler
not a member of the NECC but do enjoy the time trials and auto-x
Springfield IL