<CORSA Chapters> Local Clubs and their communication

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Thu Nov 3 19:39:02 EDT 2011

Bob - Comments in text...

On Nov 3, 2011, at 2:41 PM, Vairtec Corporation wrote:

> Dear CORSA Chapter representatives:
>

> Does your club produce a monthly newsletter?

Yes.

> If yes, do you mail it to all members, send it electronically, or some
> mix of both?

Both. Members have a choice. I get both. I like the printed one
because I can archive it and it's easier to refer to. I like the email
version because it gets to me quicker. Printed one is done on a
copier. Emailed one is color PDF.

> If not, how often do you produce one or by what other means do you
> communicate with your members?
>
> Do you have a club web site?

Yes.

> If yes, how often is it updated?  What sort of information do you post
> there?

Our web site is new. Currently it shows October events and not much
more. Like many, it isn't updated often enough, it appears.

If you are interested in my philosophy on web site and newsletter as
communication devices, ask.

> Kindly reply to me, but if you wish to share your reply with the whole
> list go right ahead.
>

> I ask these questions because I am the newsletter editor/publisher
> in my
> local chapter, and I am interested to learn what other clubs are
> doing.
>

> For the record, my club still produces a monthly newsletter.  We
> distribute it via e-mail, exclusively, except that we have
> "grandfathered" seven members who legitimately do not have e-mail
> capability.
>
> The electronic newsletter is sent as a full-color PDF file; the
> handful
> of printed copies are black & white laser printouts.
>
> My club has a web site which one of our members updates each month
> based
> on the newsletter content.
>

> Thank you!
>
> Bob Marlow