<CORSA Chapters> hotel reservations

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 20 12:20:19 EST 2012

All,

One thing that perenially burns my buscuits concerns the CORSA convention. ALWAYS it seems that they NEVER get enough details for the convention schedule out before the host hotel information is available. So it's ALWAYS a race to see if I can still get a hotel room at the host hotel in time by the time I KNOW when to arrive and leave.

Face it, guys. The membership NEEDS to know the convention activities schedule BEFORE deciding on when to make the room reservations. Otherwise, a lot of horse trading and jumping thru hoops (like double booking rooms, which can hog the host hotel room reservation availibility) ends up as a result. We also need to know what alternate hotels are available, and how far from the host hotel they are (within walking distance?) as well. (Also, their room rates would be appreciated as well.)

Why can't CORSA EVER get their act together on this? ALL this information should be coordinated BEFORE it's released, so that WE the membership don't get this annual heartburn.

-Mark Corbin

P.S. FWIW, this year, I (just today) picked up room reservations at the Motel 6 for almost HALF the host hotel rate, and found that Super 8 is about $30 MORE than the host hotel. But my above complaint still stands.