<CORSA Chapters> Web page creation

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Tue Jan 27 13:52:56 EST 2015

Great idea Bryan! More chapters need to have a web presence.

I use "HTML Kit" for two reasons, one it's free and two it's simple. It's basically a text editor that colorizes html "keywords."
I use "WinSCP" for my FTP again, because it's free and simple. BTW a FTP is the program to upload the html files (or other files) to the server.

You can go to a site like "download.com" and find some very good (and free) tools for making your web site.

FWIW: I think that chapter web sites should be simple. Information like how to join, where/when the regular meetings are and maybe some details on club activities. Putting the monthly newsletter on line may be good also (discussion on membership benefits can go in here) I find that creating a Facebook page (or other social media) is good for the day to day or month to month sort of club stuff. A Facebook page should be well regulated to prevent spam member from signing up.

I also believe that chapter's presence on the web is essential for attracting younger members.

Having said all that I should go update our site...

Ned