<CORSA Chapters> Member participation

clbiddle at comcast.net clbiddle at comcast.net
Thu May 28 01:06:56 EDT 2015

Ned and Bruce,

In CCE we've had a similar problem in previous years. Never could decide on where or when for our tours. The decided-upon date usually was past by the time we decided on a date. The Spring Tour happened in mid Summer or was simply slid into Fall.

This year our board simply declared in January that our Spring Tour will be on May 31 and our Fall Tour will be September 27. We have no idea where we will be going, what we will do when we get there or who's going to organize them, BUT THESE ARE THE DATES. Period. No argument.

Believe it or not, we actually figured out what to do on May 31 and where to go. Magic. Even coordinating with two CORSA chapters in southern Wisconsin.

For the Fall tour, we will be going to the State of Illinois Secretary of State Car Show (a number of CORSA members in that area happen to have a hand in that event (Prairie Capitol Corvair Association)). It will be an overnight tour and the date was moved up to September 12 (because that's when the show happens). Decision final. Sign up or stay home. Funny --- nobody is complaining. Lots of members are interested.

Much easier than asking members for a consensus.

--- Charley Biddle, Chicagoland Corvair Enthusiasts