<CORSA Chapters> Member participation

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 27 18:45:00 EDT 2015

Ned,

CCE has around 190 memberships.  Some are single and some are family.  My
guess is that around 30% are single.  Also included in the 190 are about a
dozen "honorary" (free) memberships.  These are folks who contributed
greatly to the founding and growth of the club in the early years.  Many of
them are now living several states away, but every so often one of them will
show up at a meeting.

We meet at a VFW hall - so we are renting the space.  Attendance varies at
meetings, but I don't think I've seen less than 30 there even when the
weather is bad.  Most meetings have a theme attached such as parts auction,
beauty (car) contest, sweets auction, movie night, what is it contest, chili
cook off, member appreciation (free pizza), and others that don't come to
mind at the moment.  We pretty much fill the room on these "special" nights.
I would say 60 to 70 folks present for those.  An average attendance is
probably around 50 to 60 over a years time.

We regularly have attendees from both Wisconsin and Indiana.  Some of our
members are also members of other Corvair local clubs.

We do several driving functions outside of the regular meeting dates.  There
is a Spring and Fall tour, a parade, car judging for another car club, and
more.  The parade and judging events are fund raisers for us.  We also do an
Orphan Car Picnic which generates club revenue - however that is coming to
an end with this year's event in August.

Later, JR