<CORSA Chapters> Member participation

clbiddle at comcast.net clbiddle at comcast.net
Wed May 27 18:59:49 EDT 2015

Ned,

As of May, CCE has 62 Individual memberships, 94 Family memberships and 9 Honorary memberships. We count each Family membership as two people (regardless of the actual number in the family), so, discounting the Honorary memberships, we have 250 members. We just concluded our yearly membership renewal process and 23 memberships did not renew. Some of those lost interest, some sold their Corvairs and a few have gone on to that Great Garage in the Sky. We know that some of those still around will renew in the next few months.

We get 50-70 at monthly meetings, for a percentage of membership of 20 to 28 percent attendance. The room is initially set up with 50 chairs, but people usually pull out extra chairs from the stacks in the back or just stand around, mostly near the bar.

To be fair, we have members who live in many diverse parts of the United State, most of who used to live in the Chicagoland area, but have moved elsewhere but kept up their memberships.

We have a core membership of about 30 to 40 who attend everything everywhere, including rotating service on our board of directors. We have a two-year term limit on board service, but we get six to ten members on each board election ballot. We elect five members to the board by general membership ballots, and after election, the elected board members determine who serves as President, Secretary, Treasurer and so forth.

I've been in this chapter since before there was CORSA to be chapters of, and we have members who have been in this club even longer than me. I have served five terms on the board and I have been the newsletter editor for 12 years. We have one member whose claim to fame is that she missed the first meeting of this club, back in August, 1968. She has missed occasional meetings since then, but she is still around.

We are now getting grown children of current members getting Corvairs and joining the club. We are also getting new members who have had Corvairs for a while but never found us until now. Our membership numbers have been holding pretty steady for many years now.

--- Charley Biddle, Chicagoland Corvair Enthusiasts