<CORSA Chapters> Newsletter Question

DAVE MCCHESNEY daveeva at comcast.net
Wed Jan 2 15:51:37 EST 2019

As Editor of the Rear Engine Review, the newsletter for the Inland Northwest Corvair Club, I work in much the same manner as Gary.  The working copy is in Microsoft Word and is updated for each issue.  It is then converted to PDF to be sent out. (I print copies from the Word Doc. to send by way of USPS.)  When working with Word, there are a number of options as far as formatting... columns, font, spacing, etc. I also keep past issues on file as PDFs.  They usually take up less memory space than the working docx file, especially if it has a lot of photos in it.
I probably take most of the pics seen in the RER.  I do not get a lot of submissions for things to be included in the newsletter, either.
I also do a newsletter for a writers group I belong to and follow many of the same procedures... someone looking at both would instantly see the simularity.
I don't see a need to have special software to produce a club newsletter. I don't use anything special in writing my age of sail/sci-fi stories either... just Microsoft Word.
Dave McChesney

D. Andrew McChesney   (http://vespican.livejournal.com/)Author of the Stone Island Sea Stories  (www.stoneislandseastories.com)Beyond the Ocean's Edge: A Stone Island Sea Story in print, eBook, on KINDLE or NOOK.
Sailing Dangerous Waters: Another Stone Island Sea Story in print, eBook, on KINDLE or NOOK