<CORSA Chapters> Newsletter Question

wfcc at mediacombb.net wfcc at mediacombb.net
Thu Jan 3 15:37:34 EST 2019

Hi,

I will put my two cents in too. The official address of a club should be that of your Newsletter Editor as this person must know every member personally and know all that goes on in the club by going to all meetings and printing the minutes of the meeting for all to read. As newsletter editor of the Chronic Corvair, I do  my newsletter like Gary. It is basically just a PC and I use 1993 Word. I am not online and have no way to save to a PDF.  I have been the editor of the West Florida Corvair Club for about 28 years and not by choice. Every year my job is up for grabs and nobody wants to do it. One of our members gave me a computer years ago and we have been putting new memory into it from time to time and the club does not pay for any programs. My monitor is fairly new, but my keyboard is just like I like it and I can type 90 words a minute on it. All my pictures are stored in Paint. My newsletter is simple and it's content is based upon an article I read in Old Cars Weekly that listed all of the things you need to put into a club newsletter. Because we have a small club and only about 15 Corvair owners who participate in our activities, I found out early that the same Corvairs were pictured in every issue and began writing more about our members and what they were doing. CORSA does not like posting the same Corvairs over and over either.  We have a gallery of pictues of our Corvairs so I try to take group pictures and use individual pictures when I talk about a member in the newsletter.  Color Ink is very expensive so I try not to put a lot of pictures in my newsletter. (Yes, I still send out a hardcopy newsletter to some members.) I have several sections in each newsletter: 1. Minutes of the last meeting.  2. What is expected of our Members? (Here I tell them about Dues are due or what activity we will have that month, etc.) 3. The Wonders of Technology. (Here I list different web pages like Old Cars Weekly, email addresses, or online articles.)  4.  How Corvair Lovers Celebrate Living. (Here I put something personal that our members are doing like building a new garage or new engine.) 5. Did you know? (Here I put fun facts about club members or Corvairs.)  6.  Happy Birthday and Anniversary.  7.  Tech Tips or Article.  8.  Chit Chat (Here is where I have a following as I talk about this or that and feel that I am personally talking to each member.)  9.  Club Stores Items For Sale.  10:  Coming Events (I list upcoming Car Shows in our area and of the Southeast area and Activities such as going to a Glenn Miller Concert at the National Naval Museum on NAS Pensacola.)  11.  For Sale. (I list Corvairs or parts for sale.)  12. Club information and How to Contact Us.(At the end of my newsletter along with the names of our officers with their names and telephone numbers and at the bottom a Mailing Face Sheet with a Corvair Drawing on it.)  After doing this job for so long, I just fill in each section with new material and can do a newsletter in no time.  A newsletter is information about members and the more name dropping you do the better. I love all of our members and I think they all know it.

June Bug Lindsay
Newsletter Editor "the Chronic Corvair"
West Florida Corvair Club