<CORSA Chapters> Some Corvair topics of interest

SFBA CORSA sfbacorsa at gmail.com
Sat May 22 10:52:45 EDT 2021

Hi Everyone!

I hope this email finds you all well! A few notable Corvair related things
have come across my table that I thought would be of interest to you. I
will try to keep this email brief, so if you want more info on any of the
topics, reply back here or shoot me a message at vondeitch at gmail.com

   - Corvair For Sale: 1964 Spyder Convertible in Fremont. Owned and
   meticulously maintained by the same lady for over 40 years! California car.
   All the receipts. Yellow (not factory) with black interior & black top.
   Asking $25K obo. Message me for her contact info

   - Corvair For Sale: 61 Loadside. All original and/or NOS. The owner of
   this truck didn't play around. Lots of receipts. Paint is original with
   some patina, but this is a real deal Loadside. Located in Oregon City,
   Oregon (Portland area). $7,500 FIRM. Message me for his contact info

   - Vairfest! Vairfest is coming up!!! June 25-27 in Arroyo Grande. It's
   looking like this might be the only Corvair car show this year in
   California as SCC's A2A was cancelled and the Fan Belt Toss is uncertain
   with other events going on in Palm Springs in October. Register at
   www.centralcoastcorsa.org

   - Great Corvair article courtesy of Mike Blanchard of Rustmag! Shoutout
   to SFBA members John Heiser and Travis Fowler for their assistance!
   the-curious-case-of-the-corvair
   <https://www.rustmag.com/blog/2021/4/4/the-curious-case-of-the-corvair>

   - Great Corvair article from Garage Hot Rods on SFBA member Taylor
   McKimens and his 63 Coupe!
   https://garagehotrods.com/2021/05/21/taylor-mckimens-63-corvair-coupe/

   - I have made a few subtle changes to the website. Go check it out and
   give me your notes, good or bad! www.sfbacorsa.org

   - Lastly.... drive your Corvair! We have had two new members sign up
   after seeing us out and having fun in our Corvairs! Welcome Tom Thomas and
   Chris Breen both of San Francisco! As we get vaccinated and things begin to
   open up, we can help you get that Corvair back on the road. Also, member
   David Gray is a mobile mechanic and can give you a hand! Most of the events
   posted on the club calendar are mixed classic and free. A great way to
   advocate for the Corvair, promote SFBA, have some fun and make some new
   friends!

Stay safe and have fun out there!

Josh Deitcher

SFBA CORSA