[FC] 140 Rampside

Michael Emanuele corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Apr 3 16:02:01 2003

OK guys and gals, I made the 40 mile trip to work in the rampside today.
Really ran great, lots of power. One small problem, I hope. When I really get
into it, all four carbs open, I get  crankcase fumes coming in through the
heater. When I got home today I opened the engine lid and found oil spray all
over the engine. I pulled the PCV hose off the right primary and found oil
going into the carb and what appears to me to be a lot of crankcase steam
coming from the hose. I even noticed this steam coming from the fuel pump vent
hole. I am using the pcv tube from a late model with the small pin hole in it
going to the carb ( the Hole is not blocked). Vehicle runs fine and idles
fine. Anyone have any ideas on where I should begin. No oil is being pumped
out the dipstick tube, and the crankcase is not overfull. Engine is not
running hot. The only modification that I am doing right now is using an eight
plate oil cooler, cause my twelve plate sprung a leak, but I don't think that
should cause this problem.
Any and all ideas/ suggestions are appreciated.

Mike Emanuele
69 Monza Convertible