[FC] 140 Rampside

Michael Emanuele corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Apr 3 18:14:00 2003

OK guys, "stupid is as stupid does". My oil spray mystery seems to be solved.
Someone, ME, cause I am the only person to touch this engine  didn't seat the
pcv tube in the mating tube coming from the cranckcase properly, so when I
jumped on the gas there was enough pressure to blow oil past the o ring. As
far as the steam I think there was something besides the oil in it. After
looking at what blew into the air cleaner, it seemed to float on the oil.
Could have been water, but can't imagine how it got in there. Changed the oil
and filter and now no more steam. Hope this was the extent of my problem.
 By the way, has anybody seen or going to bid on the $750.00 oil cooler on
E-Bay?

Thanks for listening, Mike Emanuele
69 Monza Convertible