<VV> Re: [FC] corsa trivia question

Sat Apr 5 07:34:01 2003

The 60 link may be the real answer to the missing #2.  On a 60 engine, the
center mount choke was mounted to the top shroud at the #2 location.  The
wires were routed away from that mechanism.
Would agree on the 3 being removed to allow the top shroud belt guard to be
added.

tim mahler
earlies and lates with a 60 motor on the floor

<<Rickie's thesis ..it is due to the routing of the spark plug wires.>>
 << Lonzo adds   I haven't seen an explanation on the missing "3", and here
is my take on it... the "3" disappeared when the top belt guide appeared...
now if someone
 had a caveman car to look at, we could find out if Rickie's thesis is
 correct, since the 60 Corvair routed the spark plug wires in a
 "counter-clockwise" path from the distributor and ending at #2....  >>