[FC] 140 Rampside

Michael Emanuele corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Apr 17 19:36:01 2003

All right people, I need your help again. The Rampside runs great. My problem
is that when I really get on it I get strong cranckcase fumes coming in. When
I run normal there is no problem. I tore down the top of the engine to check
for leaks and or a cracked something. All is fine. I am running bonnet type
air cleaners and have the PCV running to the right primary. If I block the PCV
line i Immediately get oil out the dip stick tube. It seems to me that there
is an oily vapor coming from the PCV into the Carb. How much is too much and
why is it doing it? I did cut the dip tube off while I had the top off the
motor. Any Ideas? When I get on the gas am I just getting vapors that are not
getting sucked back down the carb?

 Thanks to all, Mike Emanuele
 61 Rampside 140  ( stinky )
 69 Monza Convertible