[FC] Rear end noise

Charles M. Wrobel corvanatics@corvair.org
Sat Apr 26 17:49:00 2003

Thanks Aaron/Keith -

I figured I might as well throw some grease into the
u-joints anyway 'cause it can't hurt none. So I went
under to put some grease in and the nozzle won't fit on
the nipple. I can't gain access. I try the other side
and keep feeling and feeling for nipple and can't find
it. I roll the truck back a foot and go back under and
"on closer inspection" I see why I couldn't find the
nipple.... there was no nipple!

I shoved some grease in there as best I could but still
makes some noise after a mile of driving. Well, I'm not
too worried about it now. I'll throw on a new u-joint.
I'm just relieved it's not differential or tranny or the
dreaded wheel bearings.

regards,

Charles