[FC] Rear end noise

David Ziegler, III corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Apr 27 18:28:01 2003

There is a special tip for your grease gun made specially for greasing
U-joints, I believe it is called a needle tip but I think that is somewhat
of a misnomer, it's more of a small tip in my way of thinking.
All new U-joints should be taken apart and the light vaseline like grease
removed and the needle bearings cleaned, they should then be well lubed with
a good lithium based grease and installed in the car. I like to then give
them a good shot with the grease gun (with special tip) just to make sure
the grease is  every where it is needed without danger of blowing off the
caps.

Dave Ziegler
CORVAIR THERAPY
mechanical repair, light restoration