[FC] Valve Lifters

Sun Apr 27 09:03:00 2003

In a message dated 4/27/2003 8:39:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
vairpair@att.net writes:

> I need some discussion/help about valve lifters and would appreciate any
> help
> here.  I am dissatisfied with the current 'small block' lifters the parts
> houses are selling. They are not the same size and do not seem to operate
> the
> same[fully] as the stock lifters.  Are there available any other lifters
> that
> are close to the original.  Could someone provide part numbers or sources.
> Has
> anyone had any success having used original lifters re-radiused on the
> bottoms
> and reusing them?   Thanks in advance.

   I have lifters for sale that I use in all my engines. Even my race engine
that I just built.
   I have not checked the travel of the plunger but there does seem to be
quite a bit when I push them down by hand.
   HANDY CAR CARE
   Ken Hand
   97 Peach
   Pontiac, Mi.,48342