[FC] Carpets In garages

Charles F. Doerge, Jr. corvanatics@corvair.org
Sat Aug 2 12:58:01 2003

I have carpet in my garages from wall to wall. Mostly pieces or remnants
from someone throwing them away. Great to work and walk on. Comfortable when
getting underneath to work on the cars. I just "change the oil" in them when
needed (throw out the old and replace with new(er)... Helps with some minor
insulation in the winter also. My Stinger sits in the one car attached with
wall to wall carpeting, heated and air conditioned, surrounded by toys,
trophies, and miscellaneous storage. The 2 car detached always has cars in
or out with a 24 foot workbench with storage underneath along one wall. Make
sure you have a fire extinguisher handy for a major "spill".....
Charlie

Visit my homepage at http://home.switchboard.com/yenko
Visit my Yenko Stinger website at    http://www.yenkostinger.com
Drive your car at a real racetrack!
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/BayshoreAtPocono/index.html
Continuous Corvair owner since 1965-Continuous CORSA member since 1976

> > Hey all-
> >
> > Here is my question.  If I have cement floors in both sides of the
garage,
> > would it be advantageous to lay carpet under the FCs?  One side of me
says
> > it would keep moisture down, the other side says it would actually
attract
> > and hold moisture, thus eventually wrecking the undercarriages of my
> trucks.
> >
> > I guess it would be really cool to have one of those wooden floored
barns
> > which keep your stored vehicle nice and dry.
> >
> > Any ideas/thoughts on the carpet question???
> >
> > Ben

---