[FC] oh frig... here we go again....

Merv and/or Loretta corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Aug 4 01:48:00 2003

Just heard that the wind changed on the Armstrong (Cedar Hills) fire which
will blow it up the Salmon Valley towards Salmon Arm.
Chances are very good that it cannot progress much into the area that was
burned out in 98, so we are not too worried about it as far as we are
concerned. I know quite a few folks in the area that is in the fire zone.
There are a lot of chicken, egg, dairy, and cattle farms dead in the path of
the fire. Keep your fingers crossed.
0% chance of rain over the next week.

There was so much smoke here the last two days we couldn't see most of the
mountains that surround us. Not quite as bad as 98 when twigs and branches
were landing everywhere along with the smoke sometimes so thick we couldnt see
the house across the street.

Today was actually the clearest in the last three days.

tooda loo!
Merv