[FC] parts

Jeffrey Wells corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Aug 7 00:39:00 2003

Ben, how are the owners to deal with?  Are they the "have to look it up in
the 10,000 page book" type or ones who'll look at the part and say such and
such?  I don't live that far from there (less than 2 hours) and after I get
done with the Corvan's brakes I think I'll do a Saturday's part fishing down
there!

Jeff Wells
Blue Mountain/Lehigh Valley Corvair Clubs; CORSA, too
jfwells@ptd.net

'65 Monza
'64 Corvan
and other stuff

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Stiles" <bensbus@paonline.com>
To: <corvanatics@corvair.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 10:39 PM
Subject: [FC] parts

Hey Corvanatics gang-

Went to the junkyard today and FORGOT my socket set!!  Sure made it hard to
get some of the stuff.  We got door latch mechanisms from the Greenbrier and
Corvan and good tailgate latches from the Rampside for $2.50 each!!!!!  Ramp
latches are shot and rust welded to the rampgate.

By the way, all three trucks (and about thirty Corvair cars) are located at
A-Z U-Pull-It junkyard located in New Ringgold, PA located off route 61 then
895, Northwest of Reading, PA.  Truck bodies are shot, but still have good
windshields, axles with bearings, steering wheels, etc.  Prices are
reasonable. (There you go, Bryan!!)

I got the Corvan driver's side FC bucket seat.  Let's call it a frame as it
has shoddy 1962 upholstery and a broken spring.  It is complete and for sale
as I do not need it, just wanted to be sure it wasn't crushed with the rest
of the truck.  Anyone interested?  E-mail me offline at bensbus@paonline.com

Twas a fun day at the junkyard and Lynn helped a lot pulling door trim off
so we could get to the door latch mechanisms just so we'd have spares.  What
a great wife!!!
Talk to ya'll down the road!!!  Ben Stiles, Ben's Bus and Rampside

---