[FC] RAMPY COVER EXPLAINED A LITTLE

Sat Aug 9 08:29:01 2003

the cover is a 2x6 pressure treated frame cut down and smoothed with a
router. then the marine canvas guy put snaps on it and made the cover. it has the
same type bows as you use on a boat to hold it up. the first CANVAS lasted about
20 000 miles but wore thru at the bows, now he sewed pockets in the cover to
hold the bows. i think it will last a long time this way. my first COVER was
made of the same material as the seats, looked great for shows but when i drove
it it stretched a lot and we took up on it twice then went to canvas. i am
very happy with the hinge layout, it lets me use the truck to the max, which i
do all the time. the first hinge opens at the halfway point letting me drive
anywhere with tall (big radio transmitters , furnaces, hot water tanks , a large
gas caddy for the boat, etc) with no problem. the second rear hinge lets me
put luggage in the back part over the engine. i put a divider on the high part
so luggage etc stays put. regards tim colson.