[FC] re trailer ID and one wire alternator thanks

Thu Aug 21 23:38:01 2003

Hey everyone,
Just a note to say I have narrowed down the axle/frame on the trailer to a
1915-1925 Model T Ford... thanks to everyone who sent info and tips. I also
received a catalog in the mail today that helped me figure it wasn't a 26 or 27 T
(not enough leaf springs), and I can still get plenty of parts to keep it on
the road a few more years.
As for the alternator hook up, I have the tech guide, but he does not... and
I could not find the "one wire" info in there when I glanced in it... plenty
of info in the internally regulated conversion, but those are 3 wires... why he
wants to go to a "one wire" is beyond me, but I was just trying to help a
friend. Thanks for the info, and I'm still going to try to get him to use the 3
wire IR alternator... the choice is inevitably his.
Thanks again to everyone (even the "its in the Tech Guide" bunch, but I
couldn't find it... maybe a page number?)....
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in Crittenden, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com