[FC] Re: <VV> re trailer ID and one wire alternator thanks

Thu Aug 21 23:48:01 2003

In a message dated 8/21/03 8:40:25 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
LonzoVair@AOL.COM writes:

<< Thanks again to everyone (even the "its in the Tech Guide" bunch, but I
 couldn't find it... maybe a page number?)....
 Later,
 Lonzo >>

Lonzo,
One-wire alternators came out long after I wrote that article for the Tech
Guide, and besides even if I had to write it today, I wouldn't include the
one-wire hook up since I don't recommend it at all. You lose your GEN light and
will undercharge the battery. So it's not something a Corvair owner should do in
my opinion.
Regards,
Bob Helt