[FC] FC gas heater

Michael Emanuele corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Aug 31 06:43:00 2003

Matt, I can,t give you part numbers, but I can provide you with photos if
you need them. I have a complete working unit mounted on the  panel that is
used to install it into an FC. Also the small round fan used for combustion
air is mounted directly onto the end of the heater and a hose about 22
inches long goes to the combustion chamber, whereas on a car heated this is
a seperate unit that is mounted in the right hand fender area connected with
a 5 foot piece of hose. If you need pics let me know and I will take some
and send them to you.
Hope this helps, also I believe that gas heaters were optional equipment on
Corvairs.

Mike Emanuele
69 Monza Convertible
Looking for a Good Greenbrier
----- Original Message -----
From: <Thetonis@cs.com>
To: <corvanatics@corvair.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 12:52 AM
Subject: [FC] FC gas heater

> Hello, all.  When I purchased my 63 greenbrier deluxe, there was a
complete looking gas heater.  There is the control assembly with the
cables,a long exhaust pipe, a blower assembly, and another big assembly (in
truth it's been stored away and I don't recall exactly what it looks like
but it's bigger than the blower.) How can I tell if it's original to my van
or if it is for a car? Is there parts numbers I can check? Is there a good
photo online of a fc gas heater? Thank you, Matt Toni