[FC] floor panel replacement

Bill Wells corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Dec 9 22:56:01 2003

Pat,

I have had some FCs with rusted out floors needing
repair. I have wandered a few junkyards with a pattern
of the floor ribbing in hand. I have yet to find a
match. Some are close, but will not work. Period GM
trucks used wood beds.
I have cut patch panels out of quite a few parted out
FCs for floor repair. It is very difficult. GM must
have been concerned about body integrity, because they
used way more spot welds than necessary. You just
can't pry the floor loose from the subframes, because
these welds are numerous and of high quality. A good
source of panels are FC engine covers.
If you find a vehicle with the same rib pattern,
you'll be my hero.

Good luck,
Bill