[FC] Windshield Glass for Mugsy

Melanie Teller corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Dec 10 21:56:01 2003

Hi again--think I sent this to the incorrect place--sorry if an individual received this! :)

Hi all!
Thanks for the information and fun postings!  For those who went to my website y'all probably realized I have a bunch of interests! :)  I am on a few other lists, but this is the first for corvairs and/or trucks.

Mugsy will be happy when his face his fully restored I'm sure! :)  Thanks for the info on the windshield possibilities.  I'll do some research with these suggestions and sites and see what I come up with.  It seems to me that back in 1991-92 when I first got my little rampy truck back in the Teller fold, I saw windshields for around $100 (previously owned, hah!).  Too bad I didn't have the money back then huh?

I'll have some money loosen up a teensy bit the end of January and so perhaps I can figure out where I might get the windshield and do that next.

I was just "shocked" to say the least that the fellow (Felix) had the truck engine running (haven't tried the tranny yet so not sure about that I guess) within a week or so of his getting the truck delivered to him.  But now he's had the truck for a year and it's time I started putting more money into it.  I would just love to tootle around town in it.  Plus haul the few things I do to collector shows and such.

And Merv, thanks for the invitation to send Mugsy to you! :)  It was kind of a fluke I think that I found him again--I wasn't looking and that was probably the reason.  In fact, as I recall I paid $300 for him (no key, no idea if all engine parts, etc., were there, and of course the bench seat is toast and tires were awful), but when we tracked the ownership of the truck and I also saw the little gash on the lower rear passenger side panel where my dad had backed into something, it wasn't a wonder that the truck was indeed my dad's original one!)  Now that I'm on this list, I'll be constantly reminded that Mugsy needs work!

Thanks for the warm welcome as well.  My dad and brother both though I was crazy when I bought the truck.  Too bad I couldn't get it moved and work done on it before my dad passed away last August 2002.  HOwever, my brother has taken up where dad left off with teasing about the truck.  My brother is 9 years older than me and has "awful" memories of the truck--he said he had to drive it when he went on dates! :)  Hah!  That would have been fun huh?

Anyway, thanks again.  I'll try to not to tie up the list with other stories about the truck.  But would love to hear other peoples' stories of how they came to get their truck or van.

Does anyone remember the Dodge version of the truck at the time?  Or was there one?  Perhaps only the Ford Econoline was it that was similar to the Corvair?

Thanks all!

My best,

Melanie Teller
visit my new "still under construction" site!
http://home.earthlink.net/~ponymel/

"The present letter is a very long one, simply because I had no leisure to make it shorter." - Pascal