[FC] Wheel Color for FC

Dale K. Dewald corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Dec 16 11:19:04 2003

Hello Charles,

I have read this information either on the web, from sales literature or
from Mr Claypool's "Stock Is.." column.  I am only reciting from memory and
there sure to be some more specific exceptions that I have missed, so
please find the original source if it is important for authenticity.  As a
general rule:

1) Rampsides, Loadsides, Corvans with standard trim = black wheels

2) Rampsides, Loadsides, Corvans with Deluxe trim = body color wheels
         Exception: Two tone paint with body color White or Ivory = red
stripe and red wheels

3) Greenbriers with standard or Deluxe trim = body color wheels
         Exception: Two tone paint with body color White or Ivory = red
stripe and red wheels

Note: All wheels had thin black paint (lacquer dip?) applied after
manufacturing.  The body color wheels were only painted body color on the
outside--this includes black if the vehicle was painted black.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, (UP) MI

At 05:48 12/16/03 +0000, you wrote:

>Hey everybody:
>
>Does anyone know what color the original wheels were painted on FC models?
>Where they the same color as the body?
>
>I am going with some stock-like rims and they will need to be painted.  I
>thought silver might look good.
>
>Charles
>

>Greenbrier World:
>http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm
>
>1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
>1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
---