[FC] Wheel Color for FC

Thomas Stingl corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Dec 16 11:44:05 2003

> 1) Rampsides, Loadsides, Corvans with standard trim = black wheels

Yes, black they are on my 63 Corvan standard trim.

> 3) Greenbriers with standard or Deluxe trim = body color wheels
>          Exception: Two tone paint with body color White or Ivory = red
> stripe and red wheels

The very original (but rusty) 62 GB Deluxe Trim has a white body with red
stripe. All wheels are red.

> Note: All wheels had thin black paint (lacquer dip?) applied after
> manufacturing.  The body color wheels were only painted body color on the
> outside--this includes black if the vehicle was painted black.

Wheels here are red also inside, and where the red color gets thin,
black color comes through. Maybe (I don't think so) the PO repainted
them long ago, would have to look in detail to check this.

Thomas