[FC] Greenbrier audio systems(just dreams yet)

Tue Dec 23 06:08:07 2003

i am not quite ready for the sound yet for my greenbrier project but have
many components waiting.  i got a kit from delco to put speakers in the rear
doors like the later astrovans, (harness and boots etc with nice grilles and big
speakers)and 4 other nice gm speakers to place.  i need to go a long ways
before installing it. i am not sure just how far to go with it yet but years ago i
used to work on gm factory repairs so i am leaning towards gm factory stuff
out of a later car. i will have to redesign the whole dash area, maybe making a
housing to replace the stock radio unit that reaches down to the floor. it
will have to include a lot of stuff and not block my heat!. it will be
serviceable and not butcher the existing dash up. still dreaming..i made a big wooden
console for the rampy that holds a lot of stuff and looks ok(it holds a two way
radio also) but not sure its the final answer yet.regards and happy holidays.
tim colson