[FC] $400 '62 corvan for sale - pick up before friday

Sun Dec 28 20:33:07 2003

Yes David, I'd seen that Archie had done quite a bit of business with you,
I'm sure the clutch and starter are of first-rate quality.  A friend and myself
got into the mechanics a bit today and discovered a few items that will cost
me worry (and money!) First, 4 of the 6 spark plugs were fouled with oil.
Cylinder #3 didn't register any compression (probably stuck valves or a bent
pushrod.) Finally there was no spark going to the distributor. Ranger had installed
a Ford Motorcraft electronic ignition and perhaps it has gone bad.  Another
item to concern me was that Ranger had installed a pulley rather than a harmonic
balancer. I know there are different schools of thought on this subject, but
what was once a 140 engine, now with 110 heads should have run with a harmonic
balancer simply to dampen the vibration of the crank.
However, the rest of the van is in top shape and it's a tribute I suppose to
Ranger and his obvious diligence in maintaining it. I don't know why anyone
else in the San Diego area didn't move on it, but I'm glad I did. Otherwise, the
person that I purchased from was about to have it hauled to the junkyard.
Does anyone else have info on Ranger's brown 62 Corvan?

Phil McNear
62 Corvan
62 8 door Corvan
62 Monza coupe