[FC] FC Rear Axle Bearing

James Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Feb 3 10:55:01 2003

Rear wheel bearings are just like fronts.  They require periodic
maintenance (clean, check, and regrease).  I have found that over the past
20 years the rear bearings on a very heavily loaded truck will last if
maintained.  Universals are another story.  I replace the universals at
24,000 mile intervals.  Chicago Rawhide HD's seem to show the least wear
(wear is only in the cup and not the trunnion).
Jim Davis