[FC] Re: <VV> Headlights On reminder

Tue Feb 4 08:40:01 2003

In a message dated 2/3/2003 10:38:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Mikeamauro@AOL.COM writes:

> Has anyone purchased a kit, or come up with a design, for a Corvair
> headlight
> reminder?  My wife, being used to driving new cars, has trouble remembering
>
> to shut off the lights for her Greenbrier.  After the headlight thing is
> solved, next will be the "pulled key out, but left the ignition unlocked"
> as
> in "come steal our van"....Has anyone adapted a late model ignition-whereas
>
> the ignition must be locked to remove the key-to an early model dash
> design?

   Well, JC Whitney used to have a kit to install for a light reminder, I
haven't looked lately.
   As far as the key issue it isn't that hard to change the wires around and
you will have to use a key switch later than a 65. You can still pull the key
out while a 65 is running. There is a possibility that you might be able to
get a 66 tumbler and still use your switch.
   Ken Hand