[FC] Its Backfiring

Patten Del R Civ AFRL/PKP corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Feb 5 17:08:01 2003

  Hey Bob...I need a passenger side vent door with cable??!!  You have a
spare?  FC of course!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Funin63@aol.com [mailto:Funin63@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 11:10 AM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [FC] Its Backfiring

Keith,
a couple of things you might want to check are:
your carb base gaskets.. top and bottom... for cracks, as well as any cracks

in the base insulators, even of the hairline varitey....  figuring the
backfiring could be an indication of lean burn condition on one, or both
sides....  you might also want to recheck your mixture screws, making sure
they're both set to the same parameters..  Also.. check the vacuum advance
line from the right carb to the distributor for wear..
I had this happen a few times.. and on one occasion, I just had some TINY
debris in one of the carbs either in the venturi cluster, the well, or the
discharge needle by the venturi cluster.
Oh.. you might even check something as simple as resetting your choke rods
so
the chokes stay closed a tad longer for the cooler weather.

hope this helps..

bob Pahl

Bonneville Corvair club
SLC  UTAH